Thursday, February 3, 2011

U Can't Touch This!






Zoe and the neighbor girls worked all afternoon on their "U Can't Touch This" performance. They made up their routine, put the red carpet down, had stars with their names on them on the porch, decorated, and even had snacks and goodie bags for the audience. The audience was me and Cole, Papa and Charity, and Lisa, Will, and their little one.











They came up with their own costumes and I was in charge of hair. We looked on the computer at 80s hairstyles and Mallorie insisted on this punk rock style. She kept asking me to make the bangs bigger and the back straighter.


















Since we also watched a MC Hammer video she decided she needed "Hammer pants" so we stuffed her pants with hand towels. She had the Hammer dance down! I was laughing so hard I was crying. She did the same moves from the video and looked the part too. Her facial expressions were hilarious. That girl's got a future!!




































After the girls performed, and served snacks and drinks, they had an autograph table set up where, "MK Hammer", that's Mallorie King, signed autographs.


















These girls are extremely creative and imaginative. It was a great way to spend the day and a nice cure for "cabin fever"!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marcy for the M.C. Hammer history lesson, I've always said you were my favorite teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like tickets to the next MK Hammer performance. U Can't Touch This.

    ReplyDelete