Monday, September 16, 2013

Six and a Half Years Later

When Zoe was in PreK, and asked to make a poster telling about herself,  I proudly printed about 50 pictures, neatly trimmed them, and glued them in a collage around the posterboard.  I cut the letters of her name out of construction paper and let her color the letters (you know, to make her feel like she did some of the work). 

Now it's Cole's turn to make a poster to tell about himself.  He really didn't want me to have any part of it.  He colored a couple of Thomas the train pictures and put them on the poster with Thomas stickers. 
I told him I printed off some pictures of his family to put on there, but he just patted me and sweetly said, "That's a good idea Mom, but I don't think it needs them."

 I gave him a little bit of a guilt trip and he did put Brad and Zoe and I on the board.  The cousins and grandparents didn't make the cut.
 6 1/2 years ago I might have felt like I was the one being judged on this project, but today I'm just glad Cole wanted to take ownership of it and do it himself. 

He's really proud of it.  I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he presents it to his class!

No comments:

Post a Comment