Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dance Recital 2011

Our annual dance recital was yesterday. It was a big day. Brad surprised Zoe with flowers which she loved.
We went to Nana's and got ready. Charity kindly told me that Tiffany's make up looked better than mine so she would prefer that Tif did her make up for recital.
Recital was a ton of fun. The girls did awesome. Their dances and costumes were really cute. Zoe's best friend, Mia, danced with her this year. It was fun hanging out with her each Monday. The little one on the end is Mia's sister, Reese.
Charity and Zoe both did an amazing job. Charity was a little nervous before rehearsal, but not on recital day. Both girls were excited and confident.

This wasn't a great picture, but Grandpa Boots showed up for the recital. We were all so excited to see him! Aunt Sue came to both performances (at the request of Charity).
Here Zoe is with our neighbor girls, Mallorie and Marleigh.

They did a rock and roll song called Heart and Soul for their tap number. It was adorable.
At the end of the song Axle Rose (Hayden) and Bruce Springsteen (Jonah) came out in the middle of the girls and rocked on their guitars. The girls screamed and danced around them. The crowd loved it!


Of course they did Megamind again. It was the dance they did for the Ronald McDonald House charity in Novemeber.Their ballet was called Invisible God. It was really pretty. The choreography was beautiful. It made me want to cry. It talked about all the things we see everyday that let us know God is here. It was amazing to watch your little girl (and sister) up their dancing. It made you realize what a true miracle they are.



I had the priviledge of being the backstage mom who walked the girls up the ramp and backstage. I love listening to them as they excitedly stand and wait to dance. They were hilarious this year. I actually had to say the words, "When you look this beautiful, you probably shouldn't say the word FART." I was laughing as I heard one girl ask the girl beside her "Did you fart?" It just seemed funny when they were dressed so dainty.The little girl standing between Zoe and Charity held her arms in the air at rehearsal and said her armpits were really sweaty. At recital I asked her how her armpits were and she said, "Better because when I took a picture with Mary I put my arms around her and the glitter from her shoulder is now on my armpit." Whatever works I guess!
Taya did three dances this year and I heard she was amazing. I unfortunately only saw one. She is a good little dancer though!Lots of people came to cheer on our girls. They loved it.





It's so fun to see your kids work hard all year and show off what they love. I can't wait until next recital!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Love the fart story and the sweaty armpits... most of all I LOVE the costumes!!! The girls look AMAZING. I'm sick I missed it, just sick. They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete