Monday, June 10, 2013

Forrest Fisher

I was blessed to be Forrest's teacher in 3rd grade.  He was the cutest little boy ever and had such a sweet spirit.  To say he had a special place in my heart would be an understatement.  He was one of those kids I started praying for that year and continued to pray for him for the next 11 years.  I prayed his name so much that when Zoe would say her prayers I started noticing that she would pray for him too.  

I was pregnant with Zoe the year I had Forrest in my class.  He gave me this little lamb for her, that Zoe later named Lilly.  I am not one to save things, but I told Zoe how special Forrest was to me and she still has this little lamb in her room.  

I asked about him often, but had a hard time keeping up with him.  I teared up when I sat at his graduation and he walked across the stage.  I searched for him after the ceremony, but couldn't find him.  I sat by him at church the day he got baptized.  It was purely a coincidence.  I had never even seen him at our church before and one Sunday he went to the front and gave his life to Christ.  I couldn't stop myself from going up there with him and cried hysterically as I hugged on him.  (I know he thought I was insane).  

I haven't seen Forrest in many years, but you know how when you think of someone constantly and pray for them continuously...it feels like they are a part of you? That's exactly how I felt about him.

I got the call Saturday that he had died in a car accident.  My heart still feels so heavy.  If I feel this sad, I can't imagine how his family and friends who knew him better than me feel.  Praying for all of you and feel blessed to have been part of his life.


No comments:

Post a Comment