Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin'

We've been spending a lot of time with the Hodges this past week and I LOVE it!

Sometimes we just hang out at home and watch really intense shows like Bubble Guppies.

The weather has been great so we went to the park yesterday. 


Zoe's been gone to camp this week and we miss her so much.  The day after she left, Cole said she had been gone too long and admitted he missed her too.  Hayden was a good "fill in" sister.  He even invited her to Cherry Berry.

Today we went to the blueberry farm in Owasso.  The kids loved the ride on the golf cart and picking blueberries.
When Bud and I show up with the kids together people assume we're married (I've never asked Bud how he feels about that, mostly because I think I know).  Today the driver of the golf cart asked, "Are all these kids yours?" Bud said, "This is my sister and her son, the four in the back are mine."  The guy said something like, "Oh...Wow."  I'm sure he loves that.
He does look like he has his posse following him in this picture though!

Cole spotted a small toad when we first arrived.
The kids really liked picking berries and were proud when they found good ones.




Cole and Brewer talked nonstop while they picked.  At one point I heard Brewer say he was going to try one, and then popped it in his mouth.  Cole panicked and said, "You have to wash them first!" Brewer spit the berry in his bucket and said, "Okay, I'll wash it when I get home."



I wish Zoe would have been with us.  We'll have to go back again.


The blueberries were really good.  I made oatmeal, white chocolate chip, blueberry cookies this afternoon and I haven't stopped eating them!  Do you think they are still healthy like this?
After the blueberry patch, Cole wanted to stay at Uncle Bud's so I took Hadley and ran some errands.  We even had a lunch date.  Cole asked me today, "Why do you love Hadley so much?" 
Seriously? Why wouldn't you love her so much? 


No comments:

Post a Comment