Monday, January 6, 2014

Cotton Bowl

Mark, Michelle, Brad, and I loaded up Friday morning and headed to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl.  Mom and Dad came to Owasso to watch all of our kids.  It was super sweet of them. 

Mizzou played Oklahoma State.  Michelle is a huge Missouri fan and Brad is a huge Oklahoma State fan.  We teased that there might be fight but thankfully there wasn't.

We walked to the stadium from our hotel and stopped by Chili's to eat on the way.  The stadium was unbelievable!




The four of us really haven't got to spend much time together without kids.  It was so much fun.

Our seats were in the 3rd level and there was a huge screen above the field.  When we first sat down I actually felt sick, like motion sickness!  I thought it might be a long game but it got better before the game even started.  Man, I'm old.
 Brad and I noticed that we were sitting with all the Mizzou people.  Michelle is the one that ordered the tickets and claims in was a coincidence.  I kind of believe her. 


The game was really exciting.  It was close the entire time.

I loved sitting next to Bud.  That guy is hilarious!




Michelle cheered loudly when Mizzou did something great...
and Brad just got quiet.

The whole experience was highly entertaining!


Bud and I haven't perfected our "Go Pokes" pistols yet.




Mizzou pulled off the win at the end.  Brad wasn't as sore of a loser as I had expected and Michelle wasn't nearly as obnoxious of a winner as I thought she would be.
 
The walk back to the hotel around midnight was cold, but kind of nice.
It was a such a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment