Friday, October 5, 2012

Tulsa State Fair

Cole and I tagged along with the Hodges today.  We all loaded up and headed to the fair.
I get a little tickled when I see my brother walking with his family.  Sometimes I still can't believe he's a dad.  He's a really great dad though.

Cole and Brewer discussed some of the attractions.

Then we got something to eat.
We looked for a place to sit down, but then Bud said everything we were eating was on a stick so we stood up to eat.
Well, Bomber found a place to sit while Michelle was helping Hayden with her shoe.
After we ate we headed over to the birthing center.  I noticed some people actually took their food on a stick with them, but not us.  
When we walked in, there was an up close video of a dog being spayed.  Cole was intrigued and he was yelling at me to come and watch it with him.  No thanks.  In fact, there was only one other person watching the video.
There was a pig that was delivering a baby while we were there.  The little piglets were adorable.
Hadley liked all the animals.
Then Cole, Hadley, and I rode the sky tram.

Cole loved it.  Hadley...not so much.
Cole kept yelling, "Wow, look at the view!"

Hadley kept yelling, "Fall!"
She had a pretty tight grip on me.
I shouldn't have thought it was funny for her to be so scared.

Then I bought 5 tickets for $5.  This simple "ride" cost 4 tickets.  It's the last ride we did.
Cole climbed to the top then slid down.
He loved it and wanted to do it again.
$4. No way.


We did splurge on a couple of funnel cakes.
The Hodge kids LOVED them.





Cole just liked the "frosting", as he called it.  He only licked the powdered sugar off the top.
It went pretty fast.



They were pretty tired and cold by the time we left, but it was still a good day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment