Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cole's Birthday Party


We had Cole's birthday party on our normal Wacky Wednesday.  He wanted a train party again this year!Lots of friends came and Nana and Boston came too.  Cole was cute and took good care of Boston.  

I made trains out of egg cartons and the kids were able to fill up their trains with "cargo".  
 I showed them how to puff their trains along the track and load the cargo.
 Funny...we had a lot of hotdogs left at the end of the party, but the MnMs were gone.







 After they filled their trains, all of the kids went outside to eat.
Well, every kid except Cole.  He stayed in and ate with the adults.  
 He also asked that we didn't sing Happy Birthday to him.  He really doesn't enjoy all the traditional birthday nonsense.  Luckily this group of friends understand Cole and just go along with it.  So we counted to 4 and he blew out his candle.  Brewer was really excited and yelled, "Cole, you're 4!"  Cole got irritated and yelled back, "No Brewer, I'm still 3!"  I said, "Well Cole, we're celebrating your 4th birthday today."  Cole looked at Brewer and said, "See Brewer, I told you."  Brewer just looked confused and couldn't figure out why Cole was yelling at him.

Cole later blamed me and said I should have got him a number 3 candle for the cake so Brewer would know he's not 4 yet.


 After the cake we played some games and read a story.
We were really lucky to have such a beautiful day this late in November.  



 Cole got lots of awesome presents.  He loved all of them.

 It was such a great day.  I am very thankful for the amazing women I have met and grown close to here in Owasso.  I love it that Cole has some buddies his age here too.
 When Zoe got home from school she asked Cole all about his day.  She immediately asked what she could do to help me clean up.  She even folded some laundry that I didn't have time to do.  Then she played every new thing Cole got with him.  She stayed in his room for hours, just going through all of his stuff and helping him with it.  I love her heart.  Plus, I was exhausted so I was thankful for her help!

No comments:

Post a Comment