Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Break

The kids had some time off from school so we headed to our favorite vacation destination...SENECA!  I woke the kids up and told them we were going to Nana and Papa's and said, "Make an excited face!"  Apparently this is Cole's excited face.

Seneca wasn't on Fall Break so Nana and Papa actually got Cole and Zoe's attention.
 





Dad and I took the kids out to see Grandpa Boots.  Cole wanted to see the farm so Pops took him out and showed him around.

He seemed to enjoy Papa's stories about life on a farm.



I really enjoyed reminiscing too!

I have some really great memories of fun times with my brother and cousins out here. 




Grandpa told us to go out and look at his tractor and let Cole sit on it.  So we did.

I loved this old flag hanging in his shop.  My grandpa fought in WWII.  He is an amazing man.


Cole asked a lot of questions about the tractor.  He also commented on how old and rusty everything looked.  Probably a good thing Grandpa Boots wasn't out there with us.  He might have been offended.

After we left Grandpa's house, Dad took us by the old one room school house that he went to as a kid. 

Zoe could listen to Papa's stories all day.


Not so sure about Cole.

It was a fun couple of days of just hanging out and doing nothing.

 

Mark and Michelle left the kids for a couple of nights.  We were there the first night with all the kids.


 


When we left Hadley wanted to come home with us.

She said, "Please Dean, I'll pay you lots of money!"

I couldn't resist. 
 It was a great Fall Break!  I love hanging out with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment