Monday, September 5, 2011

New Life in Christ

Zoe got baptized on Saturday!!I knew she was ready and I have no doubt she loves Jesus and knows He's her saviour, but I haven't really talked to her about being baptized. We had visited our new church in Owasso (which we really liked) and she left there asking about it and telling me she was ready. She wanted to get baptized at Racine and even though I told her anyone could baptize her, she wanted our preacher John to do it. John was happy to baptize her on Saturday.
We spent the night at Nana's on Friday night and I could tell she was nervous Saturday morning. Papa was so good to go out and talk to her and calm her nerves.
Several family and friends met us out at the church at 10 am to celebrate with us.




You can tell by her little face how excited she was to see everyone again. I can't tell you how much it meant to me that our neighbors and family came to support Zoe.
Steph wouldn't have missed it. She came even though she was leaving for Ghana that same afternoon. We did circle up before the baptism and prayed for her and the entire situation. I know God is going to do amazing things for them!


John did an awesome job of explaining the baptism to her and making it a very special day.
She listened with all her heart and took it very seriously. It made Brad and I so proud!


As she was getting into the water I looked back at everyone and saw this. Look how cute all her little friends (and Matt) are taking pictures and video taping her. They were really into it!

It is so exciting to see your child following Christ. Zoe has a heart that is excited to follow Jesus.
We couldn't be more proud of her and the decision she has made.
We love you Zoe!

1 comment:

  1. well marcy i am sitting here crying tears of happiness. God is so wonderful and when he touchs a young life it is just the best. what are you guys doing in owaassa. i know i misspelled that. i know michelle and mark are happy you are there. how is brad's health? always say a little extra prayer there. love you guys. please let me know what is going on with you guys. Zoe to you i am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete