Friday, September 16, 2011

We Got Our House!

We closed on our house today! We move in tomorrow.
The last couple of months have been crazy. Wow, so much has changed in our lives.
Michelle and Mark moved to Owasso last December and loved it. They started trying to talk us into moving to Oklahoma with them, but I didn't think we would really do it.
We started praying about it last spring. We were really happy where we were and had no reason to move, so we decided we would only move if things fell exactly into place.
Brad called a head hunter and told her specifically want we wanted. Of course Brad had done his research and only felt comfortable with a couple of banks. He told her the salary he wanted to make so I could stay home (which she informed him that they wouldn't pay him extra so I could stay home), the bank he wanted to work for, he wanted to live in Owasso, and he needed to know before the school year started (this was in June). He said he could tell she thought he was crazy.
We didn't have very high expectations, but I kept praying that if it was meant to be we would know.
A couple of weeks into July he gets a call. They needed someone immediately at RCB, the bank he wanted most. It was in Catoosa, but we could live in Owasso which is only about 15 minutes away. He interviewed and really liked them. He found out later that it was the money we needed too.
Jake and Jessica King had been looking for a house and had 3 fall through. They were able to buy ours without us even putting out a sign. In the meantime the house across the street from my brother goes up for sale. We looked at lots of houses, but liked it best.
I was scared to death. I haven't ever ventured out of the Seneca area. I grew up there, taught there for 13 years, and thought I would die there, but I was confident this was the right thing to do. Brad asked how I was so sure. When everything falls into place exactly how you pray, you have to believe it is God. How else can you explain it?
I don't know the exact reason yet why God led us here. It may take me my whole lifetime to know for sure, but I trust God. As much as I'm going to miss all my friends and family back home, I couldn't be more excited to live by my brother and his family. Mark and I were super close growing up and we haven't lived close in many years. Now I'm right across the street! And better yet, he's a stay at home dad. We get to stay home with our kids together.
I love it that Cole and Zoe will grow up with their cousins and that I will know Mark's kids in way I never would otherwise.
Pray for us. Pray that we will find our purpose here. Pray that our kids continue to make good friends and adjust to their new town. Pray that Brad loves his job and makes a difference in what he does.
I'm not going to lie, there have already been several times I have wondered if we did the right thing. I can't tell you how much I miss everyone, but I know God is in control.
I can't wait to move into our new house tomorrow. It is so beautiful.
It has four bedrooms and a 3 car garage.
It has pretty "extras" and big closets.
I love the cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen and the cubbies in the laundry room.
It's got a big pantry and a gas stove.
It also has a gas fireplace.
But this is my favorite part of the whole house. The view from our front window! Yes, that's my brother's house!

2 comments:

  1. There is no denying it sister, God sent you to owasso! Your story of God's faithfulness is awesome!! Can't wait for our families to get together! Happy moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! I hope you had a great night in your house. I did better than I thought I would, without you here. I haven't peeked out the window at you guys... yet.

    ReplyDelete