Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hadley's Two! Let's Celebrate With a Sleepover!


Nana and Blake came Saturday to help me babysit the Hodge kids while Bud and Michelle spent the night in Tulsa.  We made a quick trip to Target to get a little birthday present for Hadley.  She turned 2 Saturday!  Starbucks had buy one frappuccino get one free.  Cole said, "I want a crappuccino."  Nana got his without coffee! He loved it.
 We got back and loved on the birthday girl.

 Even Cole was sweet to Hads.
 She was Nana's girl though.  She liked the doll and shoes Nan got her.   

 Bomber read us part of the new nonfiction chapter book he checked out of the library.  He starts kindergarten next year and I can't believe how well he reads!
I looked up the grade level of the book and it was a 4.3!  That's fourth grade!   
 Hads was really nice to share Nana's tea.  She kept taking it around to everyone and giving them drinks. 
 Hayden requested skillet lasagna for dinner.
 They all ate it great, except Bomber. He sweetly told me he didn't like it and asked if I would make him penne instead.  I asked, "What do you eat your penne with?" He looked at me confused and said, "A fork."  I restated, "What do you put on your penne?"  He told me just a little bit of olive oil and some parmesan.  What a funny kid.


 Nana brought Benny for Zoe.
 Cookie and Benny got along really well.
 Hayden had fun wrestling with Blake...
 until her face met the carpet.  She had a little rug burn on her cheek, but at least there were no broken bones.
 She put Brewer to bed for me.
 She read him some books and sounded like a little mom.  She asked him questions and talked to him in a sweet little voice.
 Then she tucked him in and laid down with him for a little while.  It was precious.
I came on home and Nana stayed.  I'm not going to lie, I'm tired!  The kids were good though and Bud and Michelle seemed to have a great time!

1 comment:

  1. You really are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete