Friday, August 3, 2012

Colorado With My Best Friend


Brad and I went to Colorado for 4 nights last week, just the 2 of us!  Mom and Dad kept the kids and we left early Thursday morning.  
We ate at some really great restaurants.  

We stopped at a cute, little town called Leadville on our way to go white water rafting.  
It reminded me of Seneca.
Expect with beautiful mountain scenery.

White water rafting was a blast.  The water was freezing.  Luckily neither of us fell in during the trip!
As we were leaving, it started raining and it cooled down to 49 degrees!  The weather was amazing the entire trip!
We also went walking around in downtown Denver.









Then we went to a Rockies game that night.


It was so much fun to cheer and watch the game instead of hanging out at the inflatables and splash pad!




The Rockies didn't win, but we still went out to celebrate anyway.
Sunday we headed to Colorado Springs.  It was shocking to see where the fires had destroyed so much of the mountains.

We went to Garden of the Gods and Seven Falls.


They both were beautiful.



We climbed to the top of the waterfall.  The steps were steep and there were a lot of them.

It was a great view though.







We also visited the Olympic Training Center while we were in Colorado Springs.  I tried to talk Brad into posing for funny pictures with me.  You can tell by the pictures that he refused to do it.
It didn't stop me from doing it though.  I was trying to get Brad to take a picture of me in the air jumping like this statue.

Brad said my airtime was only about half a second so it was hard to snap the picture while I was in the air.
I blame the photographer.






Brad was also a little curious how they didn't have baseball and softball this year, but managed to keep Badminton an Olympic sport.  I wanted him in this picture shrugging his shoulders.  He still refused.

At the Garden of the Gods we saw a Bighorn Sheep on top of the rocks.
This is called the "Kissing Camels".

While we were there we saw a little boy (maybe 8) rock climbing.  It was super impressive.

Brad put a picture like this on Facebook and said it was me.   Ha! No thank you.





I sent a text with a picture of this shirt to Michelle and asked if I could get it for Bomber.  She said "No".

We weren't really on a schedule, we ate at places that didn't even have kids' meals, and actually got to talk to each other!
Brad even went shopping with me one evening!
I love my kids SO MUCH and really missed them, but I had a blast just hanging out with Brad.  I adore him.  He makes me laugh, takes care of me, and loves me all the time.
What a fantastic trip!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures!!!! My favorites are the ones of you jumping. What an awesome trip. Bud and I will copycat you guys one day... In a few years...

    ReplyDelete