Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Jesus

We went to a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party at church this afternoon. 
It was for the Early Childhood kids. 

 They played games, did some crafts, listened to the story of the birth of Jesus, and ate cake.
 Of course Grayson and Cole hung out together the entire time.  They really do not like to be apart.  In fact, Grayson says he would like to live with Cole.
 Cole seems to be a little confused about Christmas.  When I told him it was Jesus's birthday, he said, "No, it's everybody's birthday."  I tried to explain that we all get gifts but it's Jesus's birthday.  He looked at me like I was a fool and said, "You do know Jesus died."  I went on to tell him he did die on the cross, but he's alive now.  He simply replied, "Well he doesn't live in this land."

 Then one day, Zoe was giving him hints about the present she bought him.  I guess he didn't think it sounded that great and began getting mad.  I told him that it was sweet of Zoe to give him a gift and Christmas is a good time to remember the gift God gave us...Jesus.  He said, "Well, that doesn't excite me." 
 So just when I think he isn't getting it, and may not even care, he surprises me.  He tells me the story of the first Christmas and truly seems excited about it.  I hear him telling others about it too. He was even raising his hand and answering questions during the Christmas story at the party.
At the end of the party, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and ate cake.
What a great way for the kids to remember what the season is really about!

No comments:

Post a Comment