Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Love You for Lots of Reasons

One night, a few weeks ago, as we were in bed ready to go to sleep (yes, Cole sleeps with us) Cole asked, "Mom, why do you love me?"

I told him there were lots of reasons that I loved him. 

Now, every night, he says, "Mom, I love you for one hundred, five hundred, sixty thousand reasons!" (the number is different each night, but it is always huge) Then he says, "Do you want me to name three?"  He actually thinks of different reasons every night and I love them all.  I've tried to record his sweet, little, four year old voice saying them, but he doesn't want to say them on camera. 
He starts with, "I love you because..." Here are some I can remember:
You let me drink chocolate milk for dinner and snacks.
You let me play with Grayson.You give me hugs and kisses.
You take me to the park.
You are nice (although it doesn't look like Zoe thinks so in this picture).You play trains with me.

Then sometimes he says things that he's heard me say.
 I love you because you love your dad (I'm not sure if he's talking about Brad or Papa, but I love them both).

I love you because you were a good girl at Nana's. (He told me that one last night).
I love you because you love Jesus.

Then sometimes he tells me reasons to try and get me to do something he wants. 
I love you because you turn on the fan (the fan wasn't on).
  
I love you because you are going to build tracks with me tomorrow.

I know this won't last forever so I'm cherishing every moment.

1 comment:

  1. So very Precious!!!! Do cherish them! When we are raising our children we think they will be little for a lifetime, but in reality we have them the least amount in their lifetime. He so reminds me of Paul, i love reading what you write about him and to relive some memories i have with Paul. Thanks for sharing Sweetheart!
    i love and miss you.
    Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete