Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Think I'll Stay For 40 More Nights

We had a great weekend back in Seneca.  The kids and I left Saturday evening and came back Monday.  Well, Zoe and I came back.  Cole wanted to stay 40 more nights.  
Saturday night I was able to see Steph and her family.  We went to look at Diane and Darrell's new house.  It's really nice.  Mom made an amazing steak dinner and then the kids stayed with them while I went to see Charity and Jewel.
I LOVED it.  She is so precious.  I snuggled the baby and had a really good visit with Charity and Mark.
Sunday was Judd's birthday party at the Flip Shop.  I put that on a separate post.  It was fun.
Cole really loves playing with Charity and Judd. He's very partial to Charity though.  The problem is, Judd is obsessed with Charity as well.  There were a few times when Charity was torn and had a hard time pleasing both of them.
I think Papa might actually still be Cole's favorite person though.  He sat on Dad's lap for a good hour and listened to books.
That night, when we went to bed and started talking about his day, I asked him if he liked reading books with Papa.  He whispered, "Yeah, I wuv it."
Dad wrestled with him and let him climb all over his back, something he usually does with Brad every night.
Judd decided to get in on the action and you can tell by Cole's face he wasn't happy about it at first.



Mrs. Van Wagner had set up a reward for a little boy in her class.  If he completed all his work for the quarter he got to eat lunch with me.  How awesome is that to get to be the reward for someone?  So we stayed another night so we could eat lunch at school Monday. Tiffany came over with Jolie and Hunter.
I was excited to see Tif and Cole LOVED playing with Hunter.  I tried to go in Judd's room to take a picture of them and Cole refused.  Then Hunter told me in a sweet voice that only 2 boys were allowed in that room.
I wasn't the only one they were trying to keep out.  Jolie and Boston (a little boy Mom babysits) weren't invited in the room either.
Jolie didn't let Zoe out of her sight while we were there.  Zoe loved it.  Jolie impressed us with her singing and talking.  WOW!  She's so adorable too.
Zoe surprised Mia with lunch.  They had a good visit and I could tell Mia was excited about the surprise.
I LOVED my lunch with Eli.  He is in 3rd grade now, but I had him in 1st grade.  We talked about a lot of things.  If you're a praying person, keep this guy in your prayers.
Judd's lunch was right after 3rd grade lunch so I sat by him while he ate too.  It was so cute because my friend Lori (who was working in the cafeteria) came over to ask about Judd. She asked if he was talking more now.  The boy sitting beside him, who is in his class, acted insulted by that question.  He defended Judd and said, "Yes, he can talk, watch this!" Then he said, "Judd, say taco." (which was strange since they weren't even eating tacos).  Judd repeated Dillion and said taco.  Then Dillion looked at Lori and said, "SEE?"
We stayed until the kids go out of school and of course Cole didn't want to go home.
He told me that he wanted me to go home and he would stay there.
Mom and Dad and the kids wanted him to stay too, so I left him there...again.  Halfway home I realized he had his first tball practice the next day. So, Mom and Diane are bringing him back today.
I just talked to Mom on the phone and he is not happy about coming home already.

I think he knows it hasn't been 40 nights yet.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing with my baby girl, looks like she had a good time. However, when Addie and Mallorie found out she went to Merlene's and saw Zoe they were NOT happy ;)

    ReplyDelete