Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wacky Wednesday...Kind Of

Cole, Hadley, and I were planning a trip to the park with our Wacky Wednesday friends.  We were supposed to be there at 10:30.  I decided to get an oil change and tire rotation before we went.  I called yesterday and they thought it would take about 30 minutes.  We got there a little before 10:00.  
 They found some nails in a couple of my tires so it took longer.  In fact we didn't leave there until about 11:45.  Needless to say, we missed Wacky Wednesday so we created our own version.
We played in an empty lot near the tire place.  It was really windy, but the kids didn't seem to mind.  

 Cole buried his toy train in the dirt several times.
 I really don't want to be the prissy mom of a boy who doesn't let him get dirty.  I'll be honest though, it was disgusting.
 He picked up something at one point, that I was afraid was dog poop, instead it was a half used cigar.  GROSS!  Another time, he said, "Mom, I got you a present!"  It was a salsa packet.  YUCK!
 I did try to monitor Hadley a little closer for two reasons.  #1: She's not my kid and I know her mom would be grossed out #2:  She's a girl so I can be prissy with her.
 It's hard to tell from the pictures though, because she's still pretty filthy!
I said out loud, "I love Hads!"  Cole replied, "I love her too, but she's annoying with me."
 In Hadley's defense, it doesn't take much to annoy Cole.
 They did give me a great price and were super friendly there, but I was excited when the car was finished.
 Neither of the kids wanted to leave.  I guess, to them, it was a fun day at "the park".

No comments:

Post a Comment