Friday, June 8, 2012

Grandpa Boots is 90!

I couldn't adore this man more.

We celebrated his 90 years of life on Sunday.  Judd gave him this old art box he decorated with tape and Grandpa acted like it was the best present ever!  
 Tera collected 90 reasons we love Papa Boots and put it together in a poster.  I can't believe I didn't get a picture of it.  Each reason brought tears to my eyes.  I'm obviously not the only one who adores him.

We did a fun trivia game that Dad made.  It was all questions about his life.  It was really great and brought up interesting stories for Grandpa to share.





It was also a lot of fun hanging out with family.  I was really close to my cousins growing up and it's fun to hang out with them.  I wish Ryan and Travis and their families could've been there too.  


 We swam and visited.



 Then they brought out a pinata.  I'm not sure it was well thought out though.  Josh did a pretty good job holding it, but of course we made fun of him.


 Uncle Charlie gave the small children an aluminum bat.  I think this is Aunt Patty's hand trying to stop the bat from injuring someone standing near Cole.



 Judd's tball skills are paying off.  He broke the pinata.  It didn't take long with the hard bat!


 Look at these two.  you can't tell from their faces, but they are having a good time.  I think they might be annoyed by the picture taking though.  I just needed Cole in the picture too!  He reminds me a lot of these guys.  Love them.

Happy birthday Papa Boots!  We all love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment