Friday, June 29, 2012

Silly Fun With Friends

Zoe had her birthday party in Seneca and didn't get to invite her buddies from Owasso, so yesterday we had a fun day with Peyton and Macy.  Peyton came over in the morning.  She is Zoe's "silly" friend.  She was loads of fun and knew how to have a good time.  They started off their day by dressing up in some of Zoe's old recital costumes.  They wanted to wear them to pick up Macy.  I told them we had to run to the grocery store first and they said they didn't mind.  I wasn't going to be seen in public with them like that so I said, "It's way to hot to wear those outside today."
 We went to the grocery store and picked up some snacks.  At the checkout I notice them looking at this magazine.  They were going through it wondering how most of the guys made the top 100.  It's still funny that they're starting to notice.
 We picked up Macy and went to Applebee's for lunch.   Cole had spent another night at Nan and Pop's so it was just the girls.
 They all sat on one side of the booth together.
 Their conversations cracked me up!  I hope they always want to hang out with me.  They're a lot of fun, and really good girls.
 After we ate, we went back to our house to play.  Macy was saying her head hurt, but she thought it was just from laughing too hard.   
 About 2:00 I get a call from Mom.  Cole wanted to come home, which was very unusual.  The girls didn't want to ride with me to meet Mom so they agreed to stay at Macy's for a while.  Macy was the only one who didn't really want to go.  Krissi sent me a text not long after I dropped them off and said Macy had a fever of 102.7.  Poor thing!  When I got Cole in the car I asked him why he wanted to come home and he said, "My heart needed Mama."  Come to find out he had a fever of 101.3.
 Peyton still got to hang out with us.  Her and Zoe danced and Peyton did backhandsprings in our living room!
 While at Wal-Mart, Peyton had told me about these yummy snacks her mom makes.  You spread Nutella inside a crescent roll and bake it.  They were really good.  I told the girls to show me how great they were and these were their faces.
 They're funny.
 That evening we headed to Stone Canyon to watch fireworks.  Cole fell asleep on the way there and slept through the entire show.
 The girls seemed to enjoy it though.
 There was a concert before the fireworks started (that we couldn't actually see) and the girls were dancing.




 I thought it was hilarious because when the fireworks started they both sat in the same chair.
 Then they rated each firework by yelling things they dislike for the bad ones and things they like for the good ones.
 So randomly they would yell, "Broccoli" or "Puppies!"  They had several.  For the super great ones Peyton would yell, "My family!"  I tried to get Zoe to yell, "My mom!" for those, but couldn't ever convince her.
Even through all the noise of the fireworks and the girls, Cole slept.



1 comment: