Monday, February 27, 2012

Thank You God

So many of you already know Chandler.  He's the grandson of Sherry, my mom's best childhood friend.  This is Sherry's son, David's, precious baby.  We all grew up together and I love them dearly.  Chandler is at Children's Mercy fighting for his life.  
Each day I look to facebook to check on his progress.  It makes my heart swell to see so many people posting about him and praying continuously for this little guy and his family.  I can't stop thinking about them, just like so many of you.  I seriously can't imagine what his parents and grandparents are going through.  I think of Brad and how miserable I was when he was sick.  It's an awful feeling.  But as a parent you know that you are responsible for taking care of your child and to feel like there is nothing you can do would be excruciating.  I know they are giving it to God, but the heartache would be nearly unbearable.
I thank God everyday for healthy kids, but honestly it was beginning to be something I just said, along with the rest of my prayer.  Not anymore.  This whole deal with Chandler has truly made me appreciate how blessed I am to have healthy babies.  I just look at them and sincerely thank God for them.
Last night I held Cole as he was sleeping, with tears in my eyes I prayed for Chandler and was so grateful that my kids were healthy.   This morning as Cole was waking up I kissed him on the cheek.  He pushed on his little face and said, "I wubbed it in Mama."  Wow, I'm so lucky.
I know that God is watching over little Chandler.  I know that he has hundreds of people praying for him constantly.  I love this family so much and pray for them as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment