Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hangin' Out With Cole

Cole still loves his swingset.  He says his dad, Uncle Bud, and those sisters' dad (Dave) built it for him.
 Yesterday evening he talked me into climbing into his fort and hanging out with him.  How could I resist?

When I got up there I noticed he had already colored all over the floor.  

I said, "Cole, did you do this?"  He answered, "Yes, when I sneaked up here with my crayons."  

Then he went and got a few books for us to read together in the fort.  

One of the books he picked was his Bible book. I was telling him the story about Adam and Eve.  I explained that God told them not to eat the apples in that tree and they didn't obey Him.  I said God got mad and Adam and Eve got in trouble.  He was listening so intently.  Then he looked at me with worried eyes and asked, "Is it okay if I eat apples?"  
 Yes, it's okay for you to eat apples, it's not okay for you to color on your new swingset.

No comments:

Post a Comment