Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Taste of Summer

I'm so excited for summer, and I'm not even a teacher this year.  There's just something fun about no schedule and lots of free time!
Cole loves taking over the living room when he plays.
Sometimes with his trains...
 Sometimes with the cushions of my couch.  This is his "house" as he calls it.  
The mess usually doesn't bother me, but it will be nice to have Zoe home this summer.  She is awesome about cleaning up and playing with Cole.  I really think it will be easier with her here.
Yesterday afternoon she watched him for over an hour while I mowed.  She is really good with him.  After they had baths (she even watched him in the tub while I cooked) she colored with him.  She made the flowers on his page but then I hear Cole say, "I need help with the E".


 I went over and saw this on his page.  He had started writing his name!  I haven't even worked with him that much.  He was writing it upside down, which was weird, but I was still super impressed.
It's also going to be a lot of fun spending time with friends this summer.  Grayson came over yesterday morning and then Cole went to his house in the afternoon.  They are adorable together.

The other night we had ice cream outdoors with our friends at Scoops and Grinds in Collinsville. Baylor is Jamie Enyart's little girl, Olivia is Lindsay's, then Zoe and her friend Macy.  Sweet girls!
I'm looking forward to a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment