Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Swingset and Fun With Friends

Nana found us a great deal on a swingset!  Dave and his family came over yesterday to help us set it up.
We knew for sure it would take days.  Brad wasn't all that excited about putting it together. When Dave arrived he announced that it would take them 4 hours.  Rhonda said that meant 8 hours.
Cole said, "Dad, am I going to help you?"  Brad said, "Sure".  Then Cole added, "I don't know how to put it together." Brad said, "Me neither."  Then Cole said, "Maybe they have directions."
Brewer and Cole loved being right in the middle of everything.  I'm not sure they were a lot of help though.
It was fun to see Rhonda and the girls!  Zoe had spent the night with Macy Friday night, but ran in excited to see Marleigh and Marissa.
We had Chik-Fil-A for lunch and then the girls made a yummy dessert.
Marissa wasn't a fan of the brownies and whipped cream (crazy, I know!), She just had strawberries.
But Marleigh and Zoe lived it up!
Theirs looked awesome!

Brewer just put his strawberries on his fingers and licked them like a lollipop! They fell off a couple of times into the grass, but that didn't stop him from eating them.

The kids loved the boxes almost as much as the swingset!
The girls used the boxes as a coffin and had elaborate funerals.  Is that weird?
They even made headstones for each other.
They also took turns wrapping each other and spraying each other with perfumes.  Then they placed the coffin in a little shed (like a tomb).  I guess like Bible times??



Hadley was really good and Rhonda loved her!
Of course she did, I mean, look at these eyes!











Luckily Bud came over to help too.  The three of them worked really well together.


They were finished with it all in exactly 8 hours.  Wow, Rhonda is good!

Since we were expecting 3 days, we were thrilled!

Cole has told me several times how much he loves it.  He said, "Dad, Uncle Bud, and that man built it for me."
Even though Cole can't remember his name, we owe Dave a huge thank you!
And of course Uncle Bud and Dad too!
Brad teased that the swingset is part of my birthday present.  Fine with me, it will make my life easier for sure!  We also put out the cute umbrella Brad got me.
What an awesome day!  I am one lucky girl!

Then, as we were going to bed that night, we found notes that sweet Marissa had wrote us!  I got a birthday card.
Zoe and Cole found notes behind their pillows.
What a sweet and thoughtful 13 year old girl.
First thing this morning Cole looked out the window and yelled, "It's still there!"
They even ate their breakfast out there.  
What a great gift...for all of us!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!!! I'm coming over to hang out in your backyard now!

    ReplyDelete