Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Red Light Special On Scabs

 I have to give VanWagner credit for the title.  Apparently, many years of teaching 3rd grade writing has sharpened her own writing skills.  It's a catchy and disgusting title...yep, she's definitely thinking like a 3rd grader! 
 Cole had scratched his face a couple of days ago.  As we were sitting in the car waiting to get the girls from school, he said, "Mom, I pulled this off my face.  It looks like a tree." (I guess the bark of a tree?) I look back and explain to him that it's called a scab and told him not to pull it off.  He looked concerned and said, "Maybe we can buy a new scab at the store."  Zoe and I agreed we didn't want to shop at a store that sells scabs.  GROSS!  My brother did say he thought they might be on sale at Wal-Mart.
I took Cole to the doctor yesterday.  He has a sinus infection and an ear infection.  Poor guy!  He was asleep on the couch at 6:30, then awake and screaming at 7:30.  He cried for about an hour.  
Finally he calmed down and I played with him in his room.  He looked at me and said, "It makes me sad when I have snot in my nose, and I'm happy because you are playing cars with me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment