Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cole's First Game

We woke up Saturday morning and I asked Cole, "Who's the cutest baseball player ever?"  He answered, "Me...and Grayson."
I put on his jersey.  We got the smallest size they had and it was still huge.  Brad told me that I couldn't tie it up in the back.  He really doesn't give me enough credit.

Cole didn't want me to tuck it in either though, so it just hung to his knees.
He's done great at the practices, but he was really unsure about the game.
He stayed really close to his dad.
The Hodges came to watch and cheer on Cole.  They even brought their friends Kate and Natalie.

He did get out there and play, but was pretty shy.


Coach Bobby's son, Brady, wasn't shy though.  When it was his turn to be the pitcher we all cheered.  He turned to the crowd, flexed his muscles, then did a couple of cartwheels.  It was awesome!


Cole may not have been as confident as Brady, but he did have cute girls in the dugout with him.  Kate, Natalie, and Hayden went to give him his water bottle and some words of encouragement.






He got up to hit and didn't do so hot.  I have a video that I obviously didn't put on here to brag about, but only because Nan and Pops will love it.  

It took him several tries to even get it in fair territory!  Coach Bobby was super patient with him though.

He rounded all the bases and made it to home.


While back in the dugout I heard Grayson tell Brady that he made a touchdown.  Brady was very proud of him.  This morning Pops called to ask Cole about his game and Cole told me, "Can you just tell Pops about my football game?"  I think Coach Bobby has a little more work to do.
For the first game (and only being 3) I thought he did pretty well!
After the game Brad and I couldn't find him.  I finally look over and see him sitting in a stranger's chair,  next to the rest of their family, eating his snack and looking exhausted.  The stranger told me he asked if he could sit there.
He acted like he enjoyed the game so that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment