Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Uncle Bud!

Saturday was my brother's 34th birthday.  We cooked out and had a lot of fun.
Bud and I were really close growing up.  We got along really well and loved hanging out together.  I have so many great memories with him.
He did a lot of travelling and moving around after high school and I didn't get to see him as much as I wanted.
I was always worried he would live far away and our kids wouldn't know each other.
I still can't believe we live right across the street from each other and both stay home with our kids.
It's almost too good to be true.
I miss my family and friends back home like crazy, but am so thrilled to be living next to my brother and his family.
I adore his kids and am so glad they will know me.  I love hanging out with his wife, Michelle, too.  She's an amazing sister-in-law.
I know they both would do anything for me and I love them to pieces.
Bud cracks me up everyday.  He really is hilarious.
I also love talking serious with him too though, even if a lot of what he says is way over my head.
I'm so proud of the husband and dad that he has become.  He truly is a great guy.


I love them all so much and am glad I get to spend this chapter of my life right next to them.
And on a side note, yes, I realize Cole has no pants on at Bud's birthday party.  Some boys love running around without a shirt on, Cole prefers no pants.
There are only a few places you can truly be comfortable enough to let it all hang out.  Uncle Bud's is one of those places.
Happy Birthday Bud.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment